Agoura Hills / (CA) USA, Hamburg / Germany, Zug / Switzerland, November 25, 2010 – NovaStor, a pioneer in data protection, today announced the availability of the next generation of its backup solution for managed service providers, NovaBACKUP xSP 12.0. Enhancements in version 12.0 allow users to offer remotely managed backup and disaster recovery services capable of local and online data protection for workstations, servers, and virtual machines on VMware servers.
NovaBACKUP xSP 12.0 makes it easier to offer managed data protection services and reduces overhead costs for service providers by enabling full remote managment of of all connected clients. A new, web-based central managment console allows administrators to configure and schedule local and online backup jobs down to file level, apply group backup policies and view backup logs from anywhere with an internet connection, reducing the amount of onsite visits required to operate a fully managed backup service. Furthermore, a rich administrator dashboard provides live status updates of all connected NovaBACKUP xSP clients, allowing service providers to proactively monitor all of their customer’s data protection processes.
NovaBACKUP xSP 12.0 Central Management Console key features:
- Easy-to use interface for quick management of local and off-site customer backups
- Remote setup, automation and administration for providing full service without going onsite
- Web interface to allow access from any location with an internet connection
- In-depth monitoring and a rich dashboard for at-a-glance views of all installations
An option for a VMware plugin allows service providers to capitalize on the growing trend of virtualization and fulfill customer demands for efficient virtual backup solutions. An agentless architecture allows unlimited VM’s on an ESXi server (4.0 or later) to be backed up with a single license.
VMware plugin key features:
- Protection for unlimited virtual machines on a VMware ESXi server (4.0 or later) with a single license
- Agentless backups, which eliminate the need to install one agent per virtual machine
- Protection of virtual machines whether they are online or offline
- Protection of virtual machines independent from the operating system in use
- Full, incremental and differential backup of virtual machines for efficient use of storage space and fast restores
“The availability of NovaBACKUP xSP 12 is a major step forward for NovaStor and our managed service provider partners. With version 12, service providers can offer a more complete managed data protection solution to their customers, increase margins and create new revenue streams while significantly reducing their overhead costs,” said NovaStor Managing Director, Mike Andrews.
NovaBACKUP xSP 12.0 is available immediately directly from NovaStor. Contact email@example.com for information on purchasing and pricing.
Links for additional information
NovaBACKUP xSP product page
What’s new in version 12?
NovaStor (http://www.novastor.com) is a leading international provider of software solutions for data protection and availability. NovaStor provides software, SaaS solutions and services for local and online backup, restore and retention of business-critical data. Clients include home, mobile, and SMB users, service providers as well as international corporations. NovaStor’s cost-effective solutions are platform- and hardware-independent and ensure that optimal technological and economical use is gained from the customer’s existing and future IT environment. NovaStor is headquartered in Switzerland (Zug), has offices in Germany (Hamburg) and the USA (CA, Agoura Hills), and is represented in numerous other countries through partnerships.
For Further Information:
29209 Canwood Street
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Tel.: +1 (0)805 579 6700
Fax: +1 (0)805 579 6710