Improvements, features and extensions
New reporting functions for improved transparency
- All results of backup / restore jobs, execution plans and media maintenance jobs are available centrally in the Report Manager from now on.
- The audit report now also contains information about the user name and the modification date (user change log), thanks to extended user management.
Significant performance improvement for backups with billions of files
- Backup client performance and communication with the backup server for backups and restores of > 1 million files has been significantly improved.
- The backup and search times for backups with > 50 million files have been reduced.
- The compression has been increased and the backup client automatically optimizes the data stream for a more efficient transfer to the backup server, which reduces the metadata and significantly increases performance.
- It is now possible to use file lists from other systems and thus optimize the file search.
Speed improvements for backups of virtual machines
- The speed of Hyper-V and VMware backups in networks with a bandwidth > 1Gbit / s has been significantly improved.
Simplified management through optimized configuration
- The settings for mailing, licenses, etc. are now available in the new Web UI.
- The backup client is now available again for 32-bit systems.
50% time saving through visual backup management
- Structured recording of a backup concept
- Illustration and management of the backup concept on one surface directly in the software
- Cost and time savings in the management of the backup processes
- Automatic maintenance of auditable reports
- Minimal effort for legally compliant data backup
Efficient management through intuitive user interface in a new design
- Modern user interface for intuitive operation and practical user experience
- Easy deployment of the GUI on desktops and devices for mobile monitoring
Legally compliant data backup through transparent processes & auditable reports
- Current backup concept & automatic maintenance with exportable backup report
- Minimal effort for company audits - “audit reports” at the push of a button for company-wide transparency to ensure compliance
- Simple compliance with internal and external requirements creates legal security and eliminates liability risks
Easy integration through documented & versioned REST API
- Connection of data backup via REST API to third-party systems, such as monitoring or billing systems
- Easy integration into internal systems and processes
Secure communication (end-to-end)
- Encrypted TLS 1.2 communication between the components
- Security for distributed environments thanks to standard protocol
- Reduction of connections, bandwidth requirements and response times
Greater stability, speed and easy handling thanks to numerous further optimizations
- Advanced reporting features
- Customizable date format
- List of file sets in the output
- Fast HTML reporting
- Simplified update procedure
- Faster monitoring, reporting & dashboard
- Optimized resource consumption thanks to fewer system services
- Over 150 bug fixes and improvements that further increase the performance and stability of NovaStor DataCenter.
- Restoring Hyper-V machines to an alternative node works reliably again
- The error tolerance of the communication protocol between backup client and server has been increased
- The management server became slower and consumed more and more memory over time
- The connections from the management server to the backup clients were sometimes unstable
- In certain circumstances, backups started in parallel were not executed
- The maintenance of single media such as USB hard drives or RDX incorrectly marked unavailable backups as deleted
- The restore from Exchange to an alternative server was faulty
- Fix for notifications
- Cluster support recovery
- Hyper-V jobs with multiple VMs in an execution plan failed
- The cloning or the retention was not started correctly via the scheduler, so that the cloning was not carried out.
- The management server became slower with frequent disconnections by clients in the network
- Cloning VM backups timed out under certain circumstances
- Reporting of storage problems was ambiguous
- Filtering within the backup scheme view did not work correctly for storage groups
- The mailing only worked to a limited extent after an update
- A system library was missing on Ubuntu Linux that had to be installed manually
- During a new installation, some modules were not installed correctly
- Fix for using a tape library.